Sunday 21 August 2011

NEW WRITING HUT




I adore my new thinking and writing space which has a log fire in the centre. The design is based on the Finnish Kota, used by Sami reindeer herders as they follow their herds across the tundra. Reindeer are essential to traditional Sami culture and provide food clothing and shelter. I have reindeer skins on the seats in my Kota and they are wonderfully warm. I am looking forward to the cold weather!

I can use the central fire pit to cook as well and, in the UK, the huts are gaining popularity for barbecues in our changeable weather. If you are interested in one for your own garden look at www.bbqlodges.co.uk. Sue and Graham Tout, who import, deliver and build them, give an excellent personal service and I recommend them. No, I am not on any sort of commission, I am simply very pleased with my Kota!

And now I must use it as intended and get on with writing my next book.
Best regards
Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is awesome! Cant wait for your new book :-)

    ReplyDelete